Monday, May 7, 2012

More from the lottie


Hello All, bet you thought I did not exist any more.  Well we have been busy at the lottie for the past couple of months




The spuds are all in and the peas have been planted too.  We still have some spare ground but we going to plant some corn and courgettes and I have some different types of beans I am going to try this year.











We have some broad beans in this year again but only 1 row as we get some many and not really very keen on them so only 1 row of 12 plants this year.  That will be more than enough.  We intend to plant the sweetcorn between the peas and the broad beans and see how they do.








Below you can see a phot of the whole plot.  if you compare this with the first set of pics then you should a big  difference
                                                                                 

















Below is the newest addition to the plot.  My new bean poles I am trying them like this for this year.  I have put the canes in 2 rows and then put a long cane at the top to stabilise them and  see how the go with that. I think this is an old way of doing them but very cheap.




This is some rhubarb we found growing on the plot so we moved it to by the apple tree.  They go well together in a pie so hope they like each other's company in the ground as well.  Last photo is just some of the mares tail we have found this week so we have just got to keep going at it 




See you all again soon








1 comment:

  1. You've done well and it's all looking really good. That's how I grow my runner beans, but for other climbing beans I use wigwams of up to eight canes.
    Happy gardening! Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete