Thursday, March 26, 2020

Day 4

What hae I been doing today

1 cooking for the coming weeks
2 working in the garden
3 thinking about what I can do at the lottie
4 trying to keep peoples spirits up in this troubling time
5 hoping that my house will be finished before the government tells builders that they have to stop.
6 looking forward to when we can have a"normal " life again

I am tired of hearing in every news broadcast nothing but CV,  I did hear that the longest held hostage in the middle east has passed away.  I believe he was still in captivity (since 2007) And we think we have it bad............!

What can I talk about today that is not CVrelated.

I know I actually cooked rice correctly for the first time in years,  Mainly out of necessity but I was plesaed with myself.
Can anyone give me some ideas of what to do to keep myself going.  I have not written in my journal for nearly 12 months now and I really miss it.
I miss beng able to have a hug from my friends and give ine to them when they are distressed. 
What things are you missing?
Meals out
seeing friends
going to work????????
Just basic freedoms that we take for granted.

But think about this
The people who had OCD will be at their wits end and even more obsessive.  Who is there to help them.
The agrophobic who is always scared will be even more frightened no terrified to leae the house .
The parent now being asked to educate thier child or children and they cant read or write or left school without an exam to their name.  How inadequate do they feel.
The person who goes to work to have company and now has to work alone at home.  What is there in place for them.
The lonely, scared, ill equipped, what is there for them during and after this CV crisis.  How will they return to a so called "normal" life.
What is in place for the lone trader who has now lost thier livelihood, the self employed with no money coming and and still having bills to pay,
The pensioner who never sees anybody at the best of times now sees nobody, isolated and afraid everytime the door goes.
The families who are bereaved and cannot give thier relative or friend the send off they wanted to give them,
The marriages that cant take place
The people who will die during this crisis and people wont know about until they get back to normality and realise that someine is missing.

This pandemic is catastrophic and unpreceedented.
It hit the world like a tsunami
Will it leave as quickly as it came
like a thief in the night, who steals the most precious things we have and leaves a trail of devestation in thier wake.

Are there any positives in all this
1 humanity is helping humanity
2 neighbours are trying to help thier neighbours
3 people are seeing new sides to thier communities and localites
4 People are trying to support others
5 People are realising that isolation does not mean you are on your own.

Sigining off for now

No comments:

Post a Comment